Adapted from the kitchens of Recess and Room Four in Indianapolis, this taco recipe relies on very little ingredients for big flavor. Salmon can easily be swapped out for tuna and swordfish, but the serrano chile hot sauce is definitely worth the hunt.
- 1/2 Pound salmon fillet, cut into four 2-ounce portions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 good quality corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed
- 3 Tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 Cup serrano chile sauce
- 1 Cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 Cup cilantro leaves
Preheat a grill or nonstick grill pan to medium high heat. Season the pieces of salmon with salt and pepper and grill until just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes a side. While the fish is cooking, warm the tortillas in a hot oven for 1-2 minutes, then stack them in 4 stacks of 2.
Distribute the mashed avocado equally among each of the warm tortillas. Evenly distribute the grilled salmon, onions, and serrano chile sauce on top of each tortilla and garnish with cabbage and cilantro. Serve immediately.