- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half and seeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig of thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig of oregano, roughly chopped, plus 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ French baguette, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup goat cheese, softened
- Zest of 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, the sprig of oregano, and garlic, then toss. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are slightly browned. Transfer the tomatoes to a mixing bowl and allow to cool. Lower the oven to 350 degrees.
Using a pastry brush, coat the baguette slices with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven until hard and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
While the bread is in the oven, combine the goat cheese, lemon zest, oregano leaves, and remaining olive oil in a mixing bowl. Fold together with a rubber spatula and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Spread the goat cheese mixture on the baguette slices, and place 3-4 tomato halves on top. Serve immediately.