Roasted Artichoke Pesto
Artichokes are one of our family favorites. This is great with chicken or mixed into pasta with vegetables. You can really be creative while preparing this pesto and use a combination of any fresh herbs that you have on hand.
Click here to see more recipe on Cindy's Table.
- 3/4 Cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans artichokes, drained (or frozen)
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 Cup fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a deep ovenproof pan, combine ½ cup of the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add the artichokes and mix to coat. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover with aluminum foil, transfer to the oven, and cook until the artichokes are browned in spots and tender when pierced, about 15 minutes. Allow the artichokes to cool.
Place the cooled artichokes with the liquid into a food processor with the basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. Add the remaining ¼ cup olive oil and the basil leaves and process until smooth.
Taste for any additional seasonings.