The Resolution Recipe
A play on the Barbotage cocktail — a French elixir specially designed to handle exactly this kind of morning-after, whose name means either "bubbly” or "spinal anesthesia” (really) — The Resolution adds a hit of cherry to help the medicine go down.
- 1 Ounce cognac
- 1 bar spoonful preserved cherry juice
- 1 Ounce fresh orange juice
- ½ Ounce fresh lemon juice
- Orange peel
- A few ounces of brut champagne, to top
- 1 bar spoonful Grand Marnier
Combine liquor and juice into a pint glass and top with ice. Using a bar spoon, stir until cold. Strain through a fine sieve into a champagne flute and top with champagne. Garnish with an orange peel.