Warm Tomato and Mozzarella Bruschetta
There is nothing fussy about this dish. It's simply some warm, crusty bread topped with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes that are dressed with a touch of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- 1 Pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 6 -8 slices good, crusty Italian bread
- 8 Ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- Oregano or basil leaves, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, drizzle the tomatoes with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and gently toss them to coat. Lay the bread slices on cookie sheets. Brush the tops with olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Layer the slices of mozzarella on top of each slice of bread, followed by the tomatoes, and return the bread to the oven to warm the tomatoes and soften the cheese, for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with more olive oil. Top with herbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste.