• 4 large eggs
• 1 small tomato, diced (about ½ cup)
• ½ cup diced onion
• ½ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
• 2 soft corn tortillas, cut or torn into about ½-inch pieces
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• PAM Cooking Spray
1. Preheat the waffle iron on medium. Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with PAM Cooking Spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, beat the eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cooking spray and stir vigorously to combine.
3. Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with PAM Cooking Spray. Ladle some of the mixture onto each section of the waffle iron. Some ingredients may settle to the bottom of the bowl, so make sure you reach to the bottom of the bowl to get a good mixture.
4. Close the lid and cook until the eggs are no longer runny, 2 minutes.
5. Remove the migas from the waffle iron with an offset spatula or a pair of heat-resistant silicon spatulas, and serve.
• For a substantial meal, serve with refried beans, along with soft corn or flour tortillas heated for 10 seconds in the waffle iron.
• Swap out the tomato or onion for pretty much any diced vegetable. Or keep both onion and tomato and add up to ½ cup of another vegetable.
• To dress it up, garnish with salsa, cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, or scallions.