- Cooking oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste, such as Amore Italian tomato paste
- 3-4 Tablespoons paprika, such as Celebration Herbals Organic paprika
- 1-2 Teaspoon cumin, such as Simply Organic cumin
- 1 Teaspoon oregano, such as Celebration Herbals Organic oregano
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar, such as Napa Valley Naturals red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup mild chile peppers, diced
- 2 fifteen-ounce cans black bean, such as Eden Organic black beans
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- Grated vegan cheese
- 1 Cup vegetable stock (or more if needed)
Add oil to pan, sauté garlic and onions until tender.
Add and mix all other ingredients except sweet potatoes and cheese.
Oil slow-cooker pot and add a layer of the bean mixture, then layer with chopped or sliced sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and grated vegan cheese.
Repeat all the layers until you run out of beans, and cover with vegetable stock.
Cook on low for 4 hours, then serve!