Got a whole bunch of spices and seasonings in the pantry but only wine and frozen shrimp in the fridge? Then you’ve to a unique take on shrimp scampi that satisfies your seafood craving and adds mystery with a secret ingredient people will be begging you to share.
Recipe Courtesy of McCormick
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract, such as McCormick
- 1/2 Teaspoon minced onions, such as McCormick
- 1/2 Teaspoon seasoned pepper blend, such as McCormick
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder, such as McCormick
- 1 Pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
In a plastic bag or glass dish, combine wine, vanilla extract, minced onion, seasoned pepper, and garlic powder. Add shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes. Reserve marinade.
Sauté shrimp in butter until pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Add reserved marinade and chicken broth; boil for 10 minutes.
Return shrimp to pan and heat through.