Cheesy veggie bites in pastry cups are a pretty and tasty addition to any appetizer spread. This recipe comes from one of the 100 finalists in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. Try more recipes like these by visiting www.BakeOff.com.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, such as Pillsbury™, softened as directed on box
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 11-ounce bag frozen broccoli, such as Green Giant™ Steamers™ Tuscan seasoned broccoli
- ½ Cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- ¼ Cup mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ Cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained on paper towels
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll a pie crust on a work surface. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from the crust, rerolling the dough as necessary. Press 1 round in the bottom and up the sides of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups; brush lightly with the egg white. Bake for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, microwave the broccoli as directed on the bag; drain. Cool slightly, then finely chop. In a small bowl, mix the cheese and mayonnaise.
Spoon slightly less than ½ teaspoon of the onion and about ¼ teaspoon of the tomatoes into each cup. Top with 1 tablespoon broccoli (cups will be full). Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture on top of each cup.
Bake until the crust is light golden brown and the cheese melts, 16 to 20 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan to a serving plate. Serve warm.