- 2 Cups water
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons grated fresh turmeric or 1 Tbsp. dried ground turmeric
- 2 3/8 Teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 Pete and Gerry’s hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Additional chopped chives (optional)
Combine 2 cups water, vinegar, turmeric, and 2 teaspoons salt in a bowl or large jar.
Add eggs; chill 4 to 8 hours, turning occasionally to "stir."
Drain eggs; pat dry with paper towels.
Heat a small skillet over medium. Add curry powder and cumin; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Cool.
Cut eggs in half crosswise; carefully remove yolks, and place in a mini food processor. Cut a sliver off each rounded bottom of egg white (so eggs will sit flat); place egg whites on a platter.
Add mayonnaise, mustard, curry mixture, and remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt to processor; pulse until smooth, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons water if mixture becomes too thick.
Using a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off, pipe the yolk mixture back into the yellow eggs. Sprinkle with chopped chives.