A true flavor savior, Chef Sunny Jin has infused Oregon truffles and truffle oil into numerous dishes served at his award-winning restaurant, Jory at the Allison Inn, in Newberg, Oregon. And like any good evangelist, he’s spreading the good word by sharing his favorite Oregon truffle oil recipes with The Daily Meal.
“Truffle butter is a great accompaniment with fresh sliced bread, grilled corn on the cob, and also a great enhancement for mashed potatoes,” says Jin while munching on truffle-Parmesan popcorn which, he adds, “should be made fresh and enjoyed immediately with your favorite movie. And I recommend the truffled apple-fennel slaw for more than a side dish. This could possibly be my new favorite hotdog garnish!”
- 2 Fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, julienned
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 Teaspoons toasted celery seeds
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 Cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Oregon truffle oil, to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon, garlic, celery seeds, and parsley.
Fold in the fennel, apple, celery, and red onion.
Season the slaw using fresh cracked peppercorn, salt, and truffle oil to taste.
The slaw is best if eaten immediately as salt tends to draw out moisture from ingredients causing them to become less crisp.