- 2 Pounds tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 6 basil leaves, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Arrange the tomatoes in a decorative pattern on a serving platter. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and shallots in a small bowl. Spoon the dressing over the tomatoes. Sprinkle the basil leaves and chives over the tomatoes. Sprinkle on salt and pepper before serving.