Tom and Jerry by Arnaud's
This surprisingly cremy and deliciously sweet drink is created by Arnaud's in New Orleans.
- 1 1/2 Ounce Cognac or Whiskey
- 1/2 Ounce Dark Rum
- 3 Ounces Tom and Jerry Batter
- 3-4 Ounces piping hot Water
- grated nutmeg to garnish
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Ounces half and half
Make the Tom and Jerry Batter:
Separate 6 eggs and beat the whites in a bowl with 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar, until peaks form.
Add 1/2 cup Sugar and beat. Add yolks and beat, then add 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract and continue to beat.
Stir in 2 ounces of half and half and grate one whole nutmeg over the mixture, stir and store in the refrigerator.