Toasted Almond Green Beans
A versatile and classic dish too delicious (and easy) to enjoy only at holiday meals — serve any day with chicken, fish, pork, or beef!
- 3/4 Cups slivered almonds
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- Two 14.5-ounce cans cut green beans, drained, preferably Del Monte Cut Green Beans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently, being careful not to burn. Add 2 tablespoons butter, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and cumin. Cook until butter has melted, stirring constantly. Set almonds aside on separate plate.
Melt remaining butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Sprinkle almond mixture over beans. Toss and let stand 5 minutes before serving.