- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 Cup slivered onions
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 fresh spinach leaves
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices Parmesan cheese, preferably Cello Artisan Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto sauce
- 2 slices Asiago cheese, preferably Cello
- 2 Teaspoons butter, softened
In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat a medium skillet.
Add onions, mushrooms, and spinach; sauté until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
Cover one bread slice with one mozzarella slice; top with Parmesan, sautéed vegetables, pesto sauce, and Asiago.
Cover with remaining mozzarella slice and remaining bread slice.
Spread top of sandwich with 1 teaspoon butter.
Heat griddle to 350 degrees F, or heat small skillet over medium heat.
Place sandwich, buttered side down, on hot griddle.
Spread top of sandwich with remaining 1 teaspoon butter.
Cook 2–3 minutes on each side, or until cheeses are melted and sandwich is golden brown on both sides.