- 12 Ounces Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 4 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 4 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 Cup mint leaves, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 French baguette, half-inch slices
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 8 slices of fresh mozzarella, cut in half
On a cutting board, cut each raw sausage patty in half and re-form them into 16 mini patties. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage patties for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through and browned, remembering to turn the patties often. Remove the patties from the heat and set aside on a plate.
In a bowl, combine tomato, pineapple, strawberries, basil, mint, and syrup; set aside. Place the oven rack in the top third section of the oven; set to broil. On a baking sheet, place 16 slices of bread, brush lightly on one side with olive oil, and place oiled side down. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Using tongs, flip bread slices. Place one piece of the mozzarella on each slice of bread. Return the bread and cheese to the oven; broil for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a serving plate. Top each with a cooked sausage patty. Spoon 1 tablespoon of fruit mixture onto each patty and serve.