Subway Rumbles Cocktail
This signature cocktail from The Vault at Pfaff's in New York City finds harmony in an unusual combination: blended scotch and genever. Tart, easy-drinking, and just a little frothy from the use of egg white, it's one of those drinks you're not going to want to put down.
- 1 ounce blended scotch, preferably Ballantine's or Famous Grouse
- 1 ounce Bols Genever
- 3/4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounces grenadine syrup, preferably house-made
- 1 fresh egg white
- Dash of Peychaud's bitters
- Orange twist, for garnish
Add all of the ingredients, except for the bitters and garnish, to an iced cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass. Add a dash of bitters and garnish with an orange twist.