- 3 Ounces brioche bun (3-inch size)
- 8 Ounces certified Angus Beef patty
- 1 Ounce caramelized onions
- 2 slices aged Cheddar cheese
- 1 Ounce Burger Sauce
- 1 leaf of bibb lettuce
- 1 slice beefsteak tomato
- 2 slices butter pickles
- 2 Cups sliced sweet onions (one large)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons pickles, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon truffle oil
- 1 Tablespoon pickling liquid
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
Season the patty with butter, salt, and pepper and grill to specified temperature. Place patty on a heat-proof platter and broil the cheese on top. Slice the bun and brush with butter. Grill the bun lightly. Place the bottom of the bun on a plate and add cooked patty, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, and pickles. Sauce the top side of the bun and close the burger.
Place the oil in a medium-hot pan and add the sliced onion. Brown the onions, stirring continuously so the onions don’t stick to the pan. Add the sugar and brown further. Once done, add the salt and pepper. Makes about ½ cup, or 4 orders.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Portion and refrigerate. Makes about 1 cup or 8 orders.