St. Petersburg, Florida, is home for me and that’s where I eat most of my steaks. Once you master the seasoning and cooking of a great steak, you’ll be eating your best steaks at home, too. — Ray "Dr. BBQ" Lampe, author of Flavorize: Great Marinades, Injections, Brines, Rubs, and Glazes.
- ¼ Cup kosher salt, preferably Mortons
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar, such as Sugar In The Raw
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
In a small bowl, combine the salt, raw sugar, chili powder, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, and coriander. Mix them well until fully blended. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 months.