You can use any type of crunchy bread for this sandwich. If you prefer a sandwich that is less spicy, don't use as much garlic chili paste or hot sauce for the mayonnaise.
- 4 Ounces baked tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 12-inch French-style baguette, sliced in two, then sliced in half horizontally
- 2 large radishes, sliced thin with a mandolin
- 1/4 Cup cucumbers, sliced thin with a mandolin
- 1/2 Cup carrot, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1/4 small jalapeno pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 Cup rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 3 Teaspoons honey (or sugar)
- 1/8 Cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- Juice from half a lime
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic chili paste (or another type of hot sauce)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk together the vinegar and honey. Add the mixture to a medium-sized sealable plastic bag or container with a lid.
Place the radishes and carrot into the container or bag, and toss to coat. Allow the vegetables to sit in the marinade for at least half an hour.
Meanwhile, place the sandwich bread on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
While the bread is toasting, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and garlic chili paste and mix well.
Allow the bread to cool slightly. Drain the marinade.
Spread the mayo mixture on the bottom half of the bread.
Add the tofu and top with the carrot-radish mixture, then with the cucumber, jalapeno slices and top with the cilantro.