To make soft bread crumbs, place torn bread in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs. One and one-half slices make about 1 cup crumbs.
- 2 Pounds ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 Cup soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 Cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup thick and chunky salsa
Heat oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl except salsa, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan.
Bake in 350°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Top with salsa; cut into slices.