Southwest Grilled Beef Salad
Marinate the skirt steak for several hours or overnight before grilling. Serve with your favorite dressing or a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
* Sante Fe marinade is made with hot peppers, tequila, soy sauce, lime juice, minced garlic, and shallots
- 1 Pound skirt or flank steak
- 1/4 Cup Santa Fe marinade*
- 2 Cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 Cup frozen yellow corn kernels, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/4 Cup thick and chunky salsa
- 6 tortillas
Place the steak and marinade in a non-metal shallow dish. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove from fridge 30 to 40 minutes before cooking.
Prepare a grill. Place steak on hottest part of grill. Cook each side evenly, rotating to make grill marks until desired doneness (do not overcook). Let rest as you prepare salad.
On a large platter or individual plates, layer lettuce, red onion, corn, and avocado. Slice steak thinly on the diagonal and arrange over salad. Top with salsa and serve with warm tortillas.