Slow Cooker Cuban Braised Beef
If you’re okay with being tortured by these tantalizing smells all day, this recipe is always a winner. Zesty yet comforting, this slow cooker recipe will be an instant hit with your entire family.
— Shelby Kinnaird
Click here for more recipes from the Diabetic Foodie.
- 2 (14½ ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic and onions, drained
- 2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ Teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ Teaspoon “Hot Shot” pepper (blend of black and cayenne peppers)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 sweet onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1½ Pound London broil or flank steak, cut crosswise into three pieces
- 1 vocado, sliced
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine the tomatoes, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Mix well and then add bell peppers and onion. Stir. Nestle the steak among the vegetables. Cook, covered, until the meat is tender, about 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
Shred the beef using two forks (right in the pot), then mix it back into the cooking liquid. Serve with avocado and cilantro.