- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 Pound new potatoes
- 1 Pound carrots, cut into 2 ½ inch lengths
- 2 1/2 Pounds beef brisket, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 -ounce can tomato paste
- 1 Cup brewed black coffee
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow-cooker, combine the onion, potatoes, and carrots.
Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and place on top of the vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, coffee, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Pour over the beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low until the beef and vegetables are tender, 8-9 hours.
Slice the beef across the grain, serve with vegetables and sauce, and sprinkle with parsley.