One of the most classic recipes that uses ketchup in it is meatloaf, and Ramadan and Norton add their own spin to it using their artisanal ketchup products. The best part about meatloaf? It uses ketchup as an ingredient, and for its original purpose, as a condiment.
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 Pound blend of lean ground meat (beef, pork, and veal)
- 1/2 Cup quick oatmeal, or regular breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup ketchup, preferably Sir Kensington's Classic or Spiced Ketchup, plus 1/3 cup more
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine the onion, bell pepper, garlic, meat, oatmeal or breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, parsley, and the ½ cup of ketchup. Mix with your hands or a spoon until uniform.