Quickly grill your avocados before mixing them with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice to give your favorite dip a slightly smoky flavor.
Recipe Courtesy of Clint Cantwell, Grillocracy.com
- 4 avocados, halved and seeds removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and rib remove and finely minced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking (approximately 400 degrees F).
Place the halved avocados and lime halves on the grill cut side down and allow them to grill for 5 minutes until lightly charred.
Remove the avocados and scoop the flesh from the peel using a spoon. In a small bowl, combine the avocado, juice from the limes, tomato, jalapeno, onion, and cilantro and mash with a fork to incorporate all of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.