- 1 PC black label Ontario Montmorency Sour Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1/2 Cup dried cherries
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 Cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 Tablespoon PC black label cinnamon spice
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 PC Phyllo Pastry, thawed
- 1/3 Cup PC black label Normandy Style unsalted cultured butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In bowl, combine fruit spread, dried cherries and flour. In another bowl, combine sliced almonds, breadcrumbs, ground almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar.
3. Lay one sheet of phyllo on baking sheet, keeping remaining phyllo sheets covered with a clean damp kitchen towel until ready to use. Brush phyllo with butter; sprinkle with one-sixth of the almond mixture. Repeat phyllo, butter and nut mixture layers, reserving a little butter, until all phyllo and nut mixture is used up.
4. Using small offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread cherry mixture evenly over top of phyllo layers, leaving a 1-inch (2.5 cm) border bare on all sides. Roll phyllo up lengthwise, jelly-roll style. Tuck ends underneath and brush seams with remaining butter. Place seam side down in the middle of prepared baking sheet. Using sharp knife, cut three equal slits across top of roll. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar and slice crosswise on the diagonal to serve.