Tender crescents wrap around a creamy chicken filling in a hot sandwich that took top honors in the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest.
This recipe was the grand prize winner of the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest in 1974.
- 1 package (3-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 Cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives or onion
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pimientos, if desired
- 1 can (8-ounce) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or Pillsbury refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 Cups seasoned croutons, crushed
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.
Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.