Sautéed French Beans with Vanilla Spiced Truffle Oil
Sautéed French Beans with Vanilla Spiced Truffle Oil is a simple recipe with complex flavors that will dazzle guests. This recipe gives a French twist to standard green beans by enlivening beans with shallots, white truffle oil, and Madagascar bourbon vanilla. Nielsen-Massey Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract provides the same outstanding flavor and high quality as its traditional vanilla extract, but features only certified organic and Fairtrade ingredients. This exceptional "all-purpose" vanilla is made using a proprietary cold extraction process.
- 1 Pound melange de haricots, trimmed and rinsed (can substitute with any green beans)
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, minced, and set aside
- 1 Tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 Teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon butter (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beans, sauté for about 6-8 minutes. Add shallot and vanilla extract; sauté until shallot is tender. Add garlic powder and pepper; stir to coat. Sauté until beans are crisp-tender, about an additional 5-7 minutes. Add butter; stir until melted and season to taste with salt and pepper.