You can simply omit the pasta if you are following the paleo diet or use gluten-free pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed
- 3 Cups spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 Pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 3/4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Pound cooked penne pasta
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
In a large Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high. Add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and shrimp. Cook until the shrimp is almost opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley and toss all of the ingredients together. Add in the chicken broth and let it warm through.
Toss the cooked penne into the pan and add lemon zest and lemon juice.