Sautéed Shrimp with Pineapple
Pineapple and shrimp may seem like a surprising pairing, but when sautéed with butter, garlic, and ginger, the two ingredients come together in sweet, savory harmony. This dish is quick and easy, since it's cooked all together on the stovetop and showcases a handful of bright, fresh ingredients.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Teaspoon fresh garlic, grated
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 Pound medium raw shrimp, cleaned
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
- Couscous, for serving
Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the garlic and ginger and cook until soft and fragrant, then add the pepper flakes and salt and sauté for 1 more minute. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the pineapple, cook for 10 minutes, until the pineapple starts to break down. Add the shrimp and sauté until they're pink and just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle the thyme leaves over each portion and serve immediately over couscous.