- 1½ Cup very coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- ¾ Cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon thinly sliced fresh sage leaves
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 Ounces bacon (about 4 slices)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1½ Pound sweet Italian sausage (casings removed), cut into ½-inch-thick pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup dry white wine
- 2 14/5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14/5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Cup low-sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, 1 tablespoon each parsley and thyme, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and ½ teaspoon sage; season with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to paper towels.
Add the chicken to the pot; cook until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Add the garlic and onion; cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spoon, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, sausage, beans, tomatoes, and broth, plus the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1 teaspoon each rosemary and thyme, and ½ teaspoon sage; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Cover the pot and bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Crumble reserved bacon on top. Let cool slightly before serving.