(Dough can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Biscuits can be baked 2 hours ahead. Reheat before serving, if desired.)
- 3/4 Cups sour cream, such as Hood
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream, such as Hood, divided
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper plus more
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour plus more for surface
- 6 Tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- •sea salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pulse baking powder, kosher salt, sugar, ½ teaspoon. pepper, and 2 cups flour in a food processor until combined; add butter and pulse until the texture of coarse meal with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Using a spoon, mix in sour cream mixture, then gently knead a few times just until a loose dough comes together (for tender biscuits, do not overmix).
Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 3/4 inch thick. Using 2 1/4 inch-diameter biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out biscuits, rerolling scraps as needed.
Place biscuits on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with remaining 1 tablesppon Hood® Heavy Cream; sprinkle with sea salt and more pepper. Bake until golden brown on the tops and bottoms, 15–20 minutes. Serve warm.