- 4 red bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 1 Cup rice
- 15 Ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. Add the bell peppers to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove and place in the ice bath.
Cook the rice according the package directions. Combine the cooked rice with the beans, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, and salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the bell peppers in a baking dish and stuff them with the rice mixture. Top each bell pepper with the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.