For this cocktail recipe, chill for several hours.
- 4 red zinger, raspberry zinger or rooibos tea bags
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 (750-mL) bottle dry red wine
- 1/2 Cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 Cups assorted fruit: halved pitted dark cherries, sliced strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- 1 small orange, halved, seeded, very thinly sliced
- Ice cubes
- Seltzer water, club soda, berry kombucha or sparkling lemon soda
Step 1: Put 4 tea bags into a heat-proof container. Add 2 cups boiling water and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir well and let stand until cool. Remove tea bags.
Step 2: Pour the tea into a large pitcher. Add 1 bottle red wine and 1/2 cup orange liqueur. Stir in 2 cups of assorted fruit and 1 sliced orange. Refrigerate covered until very cold, at least 2 hours.
Step 3: Fill wine glasses with ice. Add red wine mixture to fill the glass 2/3 full. Use a spoon to add pieces of fruit to each glass. Top with seltzer water to fill the glass. Serve right away.