For the same creamy results in your egg without the guilt, replace heavy cream with Greek yogurt. It adds the indulgent texture and a bit of flavor.
- 3/4 Cups Greek yogurt, such as Plain 2% Chobani Greek yogurt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, halved, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the yogurt, eggs, and ½ teaspoon of the salt.
Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, onions, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and cook, stirring often until soft, about 6 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, thyme, and black pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
Pour the yogurt-egg mixture over vegetables and gently stir to combine.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are puffed, golden-brown and firm to touch, about 20-25 minutes. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.