October 31, 2014
- 8 oz. of albacore tuna loin
- flaky sea salt (Jacobsen or Maldon)
- 2 ripe buttery pears cored and cut into large dice
- 4 Tbsp. of fruity olive oil (arbequinia)
- 1 pint of ripe raspberries
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp. of earthy honey
- 1 bunch of cilantro minced
- 1 oz earthy honey
- 1 pint of very ripe raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 quart of Braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1 small piece kombu
- 4 Ounces of bonito
- 1 Tbsp. of shiro shoyu (white soy sauce)
- 1 quart of filtered or bottled water
- 1 Cup raspberry vinegar ��
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 1 Cup dashi
Heat a nonstick pan on high heat until you see the pan about to smoke. Place tuna dry onto the nonstick pan, turn off the heat and sear each side for about 5 seconds. Refrigerate. Once chilled cut the albacore into a large dice and combine with fruits and dress with olive oil, Raspberry zu and honey. Garnish with minced cilantro. Serves four.
Mash the raspberries in a sealable Tupperware container and combine all the ingredients and let the flavors marinate together. Refrigerate. It can be used after 24 hours, but will continue to intensify in raspberry flavor the longer it’s left together.
Combine all ingredients in a sealable plastic container and refrigerate overnight. Strain off kombu and bonito and it’s ready for use.
Combine all ingredients together and keep cold.