It can be hard to motivate yourself to get cooking in the kitchen after a long, stressful day at the office, but I promise this salmon burger recipe is just about as easy as it gets when it comes to creating a quick, healthy dinner.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced very finely
- 1/4 red onion, diced very finely
- Two 5-ounce cans premium Alaskan salmon without skin or bones, drained
- 1/4 Cup scant breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon chile flakes, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 potato buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 Tablespoons tartar sauce
In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the salmon, breadcrumbs, egg, dill, garlic powder, and chile flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the peppers and onions and stir to combine. Form into 4 equal-sized burgers.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the patties, flipping once, until warmed through and browned nicely, about 5 minutes.
Serve each burger on a potato bun with tomato, lettuce, and tartar sauce, and enjoy!