- 15 Ounces canned pumpkin purée
- 2 Cups milk, plus more for serving
- 2 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar, plus more for serving
- 1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 Cups rolled oats
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for serving
In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together the pumpkin purée, milk, water, raisins, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Once it’s bubbling gently, add the oats and lower the heat. Simmer gently until the oats are tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
Divide oatmeal between bowls. Serve with an extra splash of milk, and sprinkled with more sugar and some pumpkin seeds.