- 2 cups baby pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons pure grade B maple syrup
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 3.3 ounces dark chocolate, preferably Dove, chopped into bite-sized pieces
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds, almonds, and sunflower seeds with the syrup until evenly coated. Spread the nuts and seeds out in an even, single layer on the baking sheets and season with salt. Transfer to the oven and bake until just golden, stirring several times with a spatula or wooden spoon, about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Then, add the cherries and dark chocolate, and toss to combine. Store the cooked trail mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.