Pudina Aalu/Minty Potatoes
When the husband told me about this dish as one his childhood favourite, I couldn’t believe my ears.. mint in potatoes!! I was almost about to say.. bleh, nay, but then he said “my mom makes this amazing dish, you should ask her for the recipe. it’s one of my favorite dish”. You can understand how my reaction instantly changed from nay to yay
The only little twist I gave to my mother-in-law's recipe is to add 1/2 cup milk. That was just to cut down on the tangy-ness of the mint. It came out really good and works wonderfully when paired with bread or some letil soup and rice.
Dry mango powder is easily available in any Indian store. If you don't find it, you can always squeese in some lemon juice instead.
- 1 large potato, boiled and cut in small cube size
- 1 bunch mint leaves, should be approximately 2 cups
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chilly powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mango powder/ amchur
- 1/2 cup milk