Using store-bought naan bread instead of making pizza dough is the time-saving secret of these pizzettas. We like to top these flatbreads with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and California Dried Plums, then add a side salad for a great light lunch.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small onions, thinly sliced
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 6-inch round tandoori naan
- 1 Cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1 Cup (about 6 ounces) California pitted dried plums, quartered
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the onions are soft. Add the rosemary and thyme and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown.
Place the naan on a baking sheet; spread ⅓ cup of the onion mixture on each naan, leaving a ½-inch border. Sprinkle each evenly with ¼ cup goat cheese and ¼ cup dried plums. Bake until the crust is golden and the toppings are hot, about 5 minutes.