- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted for greasing
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cups persimmon pulp, from about 4 persimmons
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla icing (optional)
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch loaf or a bundt cake pan of your choice. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, persimmon pulp, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth and thin. Carefully fold the persimmon mixture into the flour mixture until no dry lumps remain and pour into the prepared pan.
Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before icing.