Everyone loves pasta tossed with this creamy pink sauce. In addition to penne, vodka sauce is delicious when paired with homemade potato gnocchi, lobster ravioli and more. This recipe makes 1 large serving or 2 moderate servings, so feel free to multiply the ingredients to make plenty for your family and friends.
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Ounce vodka
- 1 Teaspoon chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1: Using a medium saute pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Saute 1 tablespoon chopped onion until translucent, about 4 minutes.
Step 2: Increase heat to medium high, add 1 ounce vodka and flambé until flame subsides, allowing alcohol to burn off.
Step 3: Add 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, 1 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons tomato sauce. Bring to a boil.
Step 4: Add cornstarch slurry (1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water) and whisk for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese until melted.
Step 5: Add 4 ounces cooked penne, tossing to combine. Cook until pasta is heated through, about 1 minute.
Step 6: To serve, place pasta in a bowl and garnish with parsley.