The Bloody Maria is the drink where the regular Bloody Mary gets crazy with tequila. With this south-of-the-border spin on the traditional brunch beverage, you’ll taste the tequila as it masterfully combines with the international spices and colorful tomatoes blended in this unique, festive recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Pam Wiznitzer, Trademark & Belle Shoals
Depending on your taste preference, you can add or lessen the amount of spice in your cocktail.
- Red tomatoes + pinch piri piri (Portugal)
- Orange tomatoes + habanero (South America)
- Yellow tomatoes + saffron (India)
- Green tomatoes + zaatar (Middle East)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Ounces Water
Blend ingredients together (each of the tomato/ spice combinations separately) and strain for seeds. The night before, make the Bloody Maria ice cubes and freeze each color individually.
In a highball glass:
1) Crush/smash 1-2 Bloody Maria ice cubes of each tomato color. Fill the highball with the ice, layering by color
2) In a desperate glass combine 2 oz Patron Reposado, .75 oz lemon juice, 3 dashes bittermans hellfire bitters, 5 dashes horseradish tincture
3) Pour mixture into the highball glass over ice
4) Add straw and garnish with a skewer that has multi colored tomatoes, fresh squash blossom, exotic international peppers, and celery with leaf still attached