Need a little inspiration on pizza night? Try this pie topped with pancetta, spicy sausage, arugula and a balsamic glaze. It's made with a pre-cooked pizza crust, so it couldn't be easier.
Prosciutto can substitute for the pancetta.
- 1 (12-inch) pre-made pizza crust
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus 1/4 teaspoon for tossing greens
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 Cup cooked, thinly sliced spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 Cup diced pancetta (see notes)
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Ounce baby arugula
- Pinch each coarse salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 Ounce aged balsamic or bottled balsamic glaze
Step 1: Heat oven to 450 F.
Step 2: Using a pastry brush, evenly brush 1 tablespoon olive oil to the edges of 1 (12-inch) pre-made pizza crust. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon minced garlic evenly over the crust. Place 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend evenly over the garlic. Top with 1/2 cup cooked, thinly sliced spicy Italian sausage.
Step 3: In a pan, saute 1/2 cup diced pancetta for 1 to 2 minutes. Place evenly over pizza. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
Step 4: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven.
Step 5: In a mixing bowl, toss 1 ounce baby arugula with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place arugula evenly over pizza. Drizzle lightly with 1/4 ounce balsamic glaze.