Pan-Seared Salmon with Green Curry Sauce
- One 13 1/2-ounce can of coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste, or more for desired level of spice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- One 5-ounce can of bamboo shoots
- 3/4 cups Honshimeji mushrooms, trimmed (or other small, tender mushrooms)
- 10 grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Zest of half a lime
- One 12-ounce salmon fillet, skin on, preferably from a sustainable fish producer
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the coconut milk, green curry paste, fish sauce, and grated ginger and stir to incorporate evenly. Then add the bamboo shoots, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and lime zest. Simmer for about 25 minutes.
Season the salmon fillet well with salt and pepper. In a medium pan over medium-high heat, sear the fish skin side down for about 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and flip the fish to cook the other side for about 1-2 minutes, for medium rare (cook longer if desired).
To serve, plate the fish with a couple generous ladles of the sauce (adding a side of rice if desired).