Paleo Creamy Alfredo
This made a perfect dinner for me! I added zucchini noodles, frozen petite peas and left over rotisserie chicken for a perfect dinner! I just added directly into the alfredo and because I can - I sprinkled a little fresh romano cheese! I can't help if - I am Italian....
Cindy's Tip: If you don't want to boil the cauliflower just cut up into florets and place in microwave safe bowl. Add about 1/2 cup of water and set on high for 6-7 minutes. Carefully remove and drain.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 Tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup cream or coconut cream
- 3/4 Teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon white pepper
1. Cut up cauliflower into florets and place in a saucepan with about 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil then cover and lower to a medium temperature for about 20 minutes. Drain. Add to your blender along with garlic and puree.
2. In a cast iron pan (or your favorite sauté pan) over medium heat add in butter to melt. Then add in cauliflower and garlic and stir with a whisk. Bring to a simmer then add in chicken broth and cream. Continue whisking then season with salt and pepper. Taste for any additional seasoinings.
3. Once the sauce becomes nice and creamy add in your zucchini noodles, peas, chicken or any other ingredients. Shrimp and broccoli would be great! Top with Romano cheese and enjoy!