For high altitude baking (5,200 feet and above): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cups packed brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Cups (one 12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Cup chopped nuts
Preheat the oven to oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.