- 2 Cups brine-cured olives
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon white-wine vinegar
Drain olives and tumble into a bowl.
Pour in warm water to cover. Soak 15 minutes.
Drain and pat dry.
Roll olives into a medium skillet along with oil, thyme, zest, garlic, and fennel seeds.
Cook over medium-high heat until garlic turns fragrant, about 4 minutes.
Pull pan off heat; stir in vinegar.
Pack into a 1-pint jar.
Serve warm or cold.